Junior Technical Animator
This position requires an inventive and ambitious person who is ready to adapt to the changing needs of our animation pipeline. Our remote team calls in from all over the globe. This requires strong organisation and communication skills.
As a Junior Technical Animator You will have opportunities to animate, rig, code systems in C#, and more while working with the lead technical animator to help create lively and energetic characters. Applicants must have a strong sense of animation timing that extends outside of keyframing to animation systems in-engine. We take a progressive approach to animation development, implementing or inventing novel systems as we go. This position requires someone who is not afraid to step outside of their comfort zone and rapidly learn new things!
- Work with existing character controller data in C# to control animation state machines.
- Work with to produce lively character animations and poses for implantation in Unity.
- Implement character assets in unity.
- Facilitate communication between remote departments and animation.
- Rapidly learn and work with new technologies.
- Experience Scripting in Unity using C#
- Comfortable rigging in maya
- Comfortable animating
- Strong desire to learn advanced real time animation techniques.
- Experienced with integrating animations and character rigs in Unity and Mecanim, and building state machines.
- Strong written communication skills, and desire to work in a fast paced remote work environment that spans the globe.
- Desire to actively take part in strategizing asset pipelines from modelling through rigging and engine integration.
- Ability to work independently and QA your own work
- Able to converse in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Python Scripting.
- VR development.
- Experience with building cutscenes using the Unity timeline.
- Experience with AR Kit Facial mocap.
- Game design experience
- Experience shipping a multi-platform simultaneous release
- Tertiary qualification in game design or related field
- A passion for video games, and an interest in Virtual Reality
Why Take this Job
- Flexible working hours.
- Positive and upbeat work environment
- Work on an up and coming VR game being made by an Australian company with a track record for VR success.
- Work directly under a Senior Technical animator with a background in education who wants you to succeed!
The ideal candidate will be able to work in-studio, at our office in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. However, remote work is an option for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Our female-led studio has developed one of the best selling VR titles of all time. We intend to leave a life-long positive impression on our players. If you dream of having that effect on people and you have the skills to do it, we're inviting you to join us.