Mid-Senior Environment Artist
Toast VR is looking to fill the role of Environment Artist to work on our next title. The ideal candidate will be self driven with a keen eye for detail and a passion for environmental storytelling.
The role is onsite or remote for a fixed period (12 months) with an immediate start
- Accurately translate concept art to a 3D environment using a pre-designed level blockout
- Set dress and upgrade existing environments
- Creating and maintaining modular asset sets
- Setting up assets, creating and maintaining prefabs
- Level lighting
- Aiding with the optimisation of assets and levels
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Mentor and guide junior artists
- Advanced knowledge content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max or Blender
- Competent with Zbrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Comfortable developing in Unity
- Minimum of 3 years experience creating 3D content for animation, film or video games
- Ability to work independently and QA your own work
- Able to converse in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Self motivated and proactive
- You have a passion for stylized art
- You enjoy platforming games
- Knowledge of node based programs such Houdini and Substance Designer
- Experience with VR &/or mobile game development
- At least one published title
We will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all of the qualifications, but have sufficient experience and talent.
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Toast VR is a family owned company located at Burleigh Heads, Qld, Australia, that operates in the exciting Virtual Reality Industry. We earned global success since establishing our studio in 2016 with the release of Richie’s Plank Experience. Our studio is a growing team who value positive work-life integration and operate with a social conscience.
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Toast VR.