- Competitive salary + flexible remote working or relocation options available
- Senior producer opportunity with an exciting new VR platformer game
- Perks include cutting edge hardware, innovative team, bi-annual team retreats, unlimited rebalance
We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our team to oversee the effective production of our next top selling title.
If you have production gaming experience, have a passion for VR and want to work in a fast growing dynamic business where your input is valued and your flexible work life will be supported, then this is the role for you!
About Us @ Toast VR.
We are a family owned company located in beautiful Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast in Australia.
We specialise in VR games, including the famous “Richie’s Plank Experience” which has sold over 1 million copies and is still a global best seller.
We are super proud of our innovative and dynamic business and workplace and we operate with a big focus on positive work-life integration and with unlimited rebalance days this is more than just a buzzword to us!
We operate with a social conscience and our 2nd title is in production phase and moving forward at an exciting pace and is shaping up to be an epic, fun and impactful platform game weaving strong social messages throughout.
We aren’t just in the business of making games – we are creating a true impact on the future, shaping the emerging VR world and we need YOU to help us with our mission.
About the Role
Working with us is different. We are a small, fast growing business who focus on quality. We truly are a collaborative team where we share ideas, have a really strong team culture, enjoy having fun and developing ourselves as individuals all while kicking ass at getting our jobs done.
This role is for an experienced games Producer to bring their studio experience to our business and take a hands-on oversight role for the production of our VR platformer game (secret code name “Matilda”).
You will be heavily involved in leading our daily huddle setting the timelines for our sprints, running the retrospectives, liaising between departments, supporting the Game Director’s vision come to life and supporting our dev team to perform to their best.
You’ll be consistently looking ahead to map out and plan production keeping deadlines clearly in mind.
This is an influential producer role for our exciting new title and as a Senior Producer you’ll also have a shared oversight role on our existing titles and future titles in the pipeline.
More About You
- You’ve been a Game Producer and you know you have unicorn gaming production and planning skills to bring to the table.
- You’re looking for a small growing business to work with, to take a hands-on lead role working closely with the Game Director, Leads and another Producer.
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to lead, motivate and show empathy to team members
- You have a minimum of 3 + years of production experience in a studio environment and you’ve led teams of 30+ people.
- You are excited about working in a truly collaborative environment.
- You are attracted to a flexible working environment (you can choose to work remotely or onsite. If you’d like to work from the beautiful Gold Coast we are happy to support your relocation
- You enjoy the opportunity to connect in-person and will come to the office monthly (if you are outside of Qld) or at least weekly if you live locally. .
- You are flexible and adaptable
- You like solving problems and can foresee obstacles and know how to set realistic goals and timeframes.
- You have a genuine interest in VR.
We’re here to attract the best talent onto our team and your remuneration package will be tailored based on your experience, individual situation and preferences (flexible working arrangements and/or relocation support is available)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we’re dedicated to always adding new perspectives to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first Australians. We acknowledge the impact of settlement to First Nations culture and recognise the social, economic and educational challenges that continue to be faced today.
How To Apply
If you’ve got this far and you’d like to initiate a discussion, we’d love you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV answering the following questions:
- Tell us about your experience and what makes you a rockstar Producer.
- What appeals to you about this opportunity and working at Toast VR?
- Where do you live, where would you like to live and how do you like to work? What does flexible working mean to you?
- Let’s talk figures. What are you currently earning and what salary would make you excited for this role?
- What are your career hopes & dreams? Don’t be shy – we have a lot of opportunities available and we’d love to know how we can fit into your life and career plans.
We believe in collaborative kindness. We will respond to every application and we appreciate the time you have taken to apply.