Toast VR – makers of Richie’s Plank Experience
Location: In-Person role Gold Coast
Employment Type: Full Time Employee
Category: Testing & Quality Assurance (Information & Communication Technology)
Salary: Above Market
- Competitive salary + flexible work options
- Influential QA role with an exciting new VR platformer game
- Perks include cutting edge hardware, innovative team, bi-annual team retreats, unlimited rebalance days, moving to a 9 day fortnight
We are looking for an experienced Games Development Quality Assurance Tester to join us in this critical role as we move through the production phase of our next top selling title.
About Us @ Toast VR.
We are a family owned fast growing company located in beautiful Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast in Australia.
We specialise in VR games, including the famous “Richie’s Plank Experience” which has sold over 1 million copies and is still a global best seller.
We are super proud of our innovative and dynamic workplace where we have a big focus on positive work-life integration and with unlimited rebalance days this is more than just a buzzword to us.
We operate with a social conscience and our newest title has hit the production phase and is moving forward at an exciting pace. It’s shaping up to be an epic, fun and impactful platform game that is also going to create a big impact on the future, shaping the emerging VR world and we need YOU to help us with our mission.
About this exciting QA Tester Role
You’ll be diving head first into the testing and quality assurance of our new VR Title. You’ll be creating processes and systems as you go and will bring an amazing eye for issues and attention to detail to the testing, troubleshooting and bug required to take our new title through to release.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating builds for testing and troubleshooting where necessary
- Creating and executing test plans for development features
- Working with the development team to get bugs fixed
- Maintaining accurate and timely reporting on bugs including communicating across multiple departments on issues and their status
- Creating and executing test plans on Oculus Quest and PC
- Reporting on testing and QA activities to the leadership in weekly production meetings
- Coordinate meetups and external playtesting with help from admin staff
- Work with the Producer to analyse and disseminate feedback
- Planning QA phases for release on various platforms
- Provide critique and feedback on usability and design
More About You
- You have a strong knowledge of source control and a minimum of 2-3+ years of experience of game development quality assurance
- You have strong knowledge of Unity and it’s tools, excellent knowledge of project management software (ideally Click Up) and excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You find it easy to liaise with various personalities across the team
- You love responsibility and want to be the champion for QA
- You can work independently and hold yourself accountable.
- You have excellent time management skills and never miss a deadline
- You have deep experience in game development and a strong interest in VR
Bonus points if you:
- Experience shipping a multi-platform simultaneous release
- Tertiary qualifications in game design or a related field
This is ideally an in-person role located in Burleigh Heads, Queensland, however we will consider remote / flexible options for the right candidate.
How To Apply
If you meet the criteria above and you’d like to learn more, we invite you to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by email with your CV answering the following questions:
- We are looking for strong game development QA leadership experience for this role. Tell us about your experience and what makes you amazing at QA & Testing?
- What appeals to you about this opportunity and working at Toast VR?
- Where do you live, where would you like to live and how do you like to work?
- Let’s talk figures. What are you currently earning and what salary would make you excited for this role?
- What are your career hopes & dreams? Don’t be shy – we have a lot of opportunities available and we’d love to know how we can fit into your life and career plans.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we’re dedicated to always adding new perspectives to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first Australians. We acknowledge the impact of settlement to First Nations culture and recognise the social, economic and educational challenges that continue to be faced today.
We believe in collaborative kindness. We will respond to every application and we appreciate the time you have taken to apply.