Location: Gold Coast – Relocation support if needed.
Type: Full Time
Salary: Name your price
We’re looking for a Rockstar Senior Unity 3D Developer to join our team to take a lead role in the development of our next title.
About Us @ Toast VR.
We are a family owned company located in beautiful Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast in Australia.
We specialise in VR games, including the famous Richie’s Plank Experience which has been a global best seller for the last 5 years. We are led by a power house husband and wife team and are super proud of our innovative and dynamic business and team.
Our CEO Toni is a dynamo who keeps our business humming and leads our high performing team. We are focused on a culture of positive work-life integration and we operate with a social conscience.
We aren’t just making games we are making games that create a big impact on the world and as we move into the production of our next title we are looking for our next rockstar to help us with our mission.
About our role (and what a Senior Developer on our Team means)
Working with us is different.
We don’t just talk about team collaboration and shared ideas… we walk the talk everyday. We have a big focus on team culture, having fun and developing ourselves as individuals and a business everyday.
This role is for an experienced Senior Unity 3D Game Developer to bring their studio experience to our business and take a lead role in the development of our next VR game for PlayStation VR, Oculus Quest and PC headsets (secret code name is currently “Matilda”).
You’ll be leading a crew of enthusiastic and committed developers in our Burleigh office and you’ll have an influential role in key development decisions as we move into the production phase of our title.
More About You
- You are already a Senior Developer in Unity 3D with Advanced C#
- Your team leadership experience means you’ll slide into the team leadership aspect of this role which will include code review, project managing your team and supporting them to code like ninjas
- You have a minimum of 3 + years of game development experience in a studio environment
- You can work from our office at least 2 days per week
- You are flexible and adaptable
- You like solving problems and thrive under pressure
- You enjoy collaborating and working with others and succeeding as a team
- A genuine interest in VR is essential
- BONUS points if you have software architecture experience and/or VR experience
This role requires a minimum commitment of 12 months and we are offering an attractive remuneration package which we can tailor to your preferences and situation (including relocating to the Gold Coast if you don’t already enjoy the sand in between your toes!)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way.
So, if your background is similar and you think you can excel please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you want to make at Toast VR.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
How To Apply
If you’ve read this far and you are feeling excited to explore this further, please apply by providing a cover letter answering the 5 questions below and attaching examples of your work, your portfolio plus your CV;
- Briefly describe your experience and what project you feel most proud of
- Tell us about your experience leading other developers
- What does a great team culture look like to you?
- What salary would make you excited for this role
- What are your career dreams? We need you for 1 year minimum. After that, we’d love you to stay, or help you with your next phase.
We believe in collaborative kindness. We will respond to every application and we appreciate the time you have taken to apply.