Remote - Stylised VFX Artist (Unity)
Toast is looking for a Unity VFX artist specialised in stylised visual effects for VR. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently from a brief, helping guide the visual direction of the VFX within a VR title. You will have a strong understanding of form, shape, colour, timing and animation with a flair for stylising the traditional.
- Create, setup and implement particle systems for characters and props
- Create 3D geometry and textures for use with VFX
- Match the VFX to the art style of the game
- Solid understanding of Unity + Shader Graph (Amplify ideally) or write your own URP shaders
- Ensure VFX is optimised and performant
- An eye for detail and visualisation skills
- A flair for creating fun VFX with unique personalities
- Ability to work independently and QA your own work
- Able to converse in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in VFX creation with at least one published title
- An up to date portfolio of showcasing a selection of stylised vfx, demonstrating a solid understanding of technical skills required to create a game ready asset as well as form, shape and colour
- Knowledge of node based programs such Houdini and Substance Designer
- You can write your own shaders
- You enjoy technical art
- Experience with mobile game development
The ideal candidate would be able to work in-studio at our office in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. However remote work is an option for the right candidate.
During the interview process you will be willing to do an art test if requested.
Toast VR is a family owned company that operates in the exciting Virtual Reality Industry. We earned global success since establishing our studio in 2016 with the release of Richie’s Plank Experience. Our studio is a growing team who value positive work-life integration and operate with a social conscience.
We only work on original IP and aim to stand out by making unique experiences that are truly rewarding and memorable for players.
We have a relaxed atmosphere, not attitude, and live by that daily.
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Toast VR.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.