Having issues with Richie’s Plank Experience? See below quick fixes to common problems.
You can also use the form at the end of this page to get in touch with us directly.
The plank keeps drifting or changing locations
If you’re using PCVR (either an HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or an Oculus Rift S headset)
- It’s possible the system cannot accurately detect the floor. Try redoing a room setup through the platform you’re launching the game on (either Steam, Vive, or Oculus).
- If using external sensors: glitching can happen when people walk in front or in-between the sensors. Also ensure the sensors are in a safe place and are not being moved around while the player is in the game.
- If the headset has built-in sensors: ensure the player is not covering the sensors with their hands when they put on or take off the headset.
If you’re using the Oculus Quest headset
- Ensure you have the most up-to-date version of Richie’s Plank Experience and that there are no updates pending.
- Ensure the player is not grabbing or hiding the sensors on the headset, especially when taking the headset on and off.
- If you have more than 1 guardian set up in that location, Oculus may be changing between these guardians if it loses tracking for a moment. This will cause the room setup to change and therefore the plank position as well.
I can't reach the elevator, my play space is too small
You can move the elevator to wherever you want in the game by doing a plank setup.
You can find the “plank setup” option in the in-game menu, which is activated by pressing the application menu button on the controller:
You can line up the start position of the plank with where you want the elevator doors to be. You can also make the plank longer and shorter depending on your play space size!
I can't fall off the plank
There may be 2 reasons why you can’t fall off the plank:
- Check the in-game menu and ensure falling is enabled.
- For PCVR headsets only: ensure the feet tracking is off. You can find the “feet setup” option in the in-game menu.
If none of these options work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If all else fails, force a reset of all your settings, open regedit and delete all the keys in
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Toast VR\Richie’s Plank Experience
My bug is not on this list or I'm still having issues
If none of these fixes resolve your issue, please use the bug contact form below.